Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Royal FLORIA Putrajaya 2016
Royal FLORIA Putrajaya 2016 is a festival of flowers and gardens showcase since 2007. It became an annual event in Malaysia’s tourism calendar since 2009 and has received over whelming responses from local and foreign visitors.This 2016 Flower and Garden Festival in its 9th edition is organized by Perbadanan Putrajaya (PPj) with the support of the Federal Territories Ministry, the Ministry of Tourism and Culture and Tourism Malaysia and is managed by PPj’s wholly owned subsidiary, Putrajaya Floria Sdn Bhd (PFSB).
- What are the festival attractions and event highlights?
In 2016, the festival will feature various daily activities throughout the nine-day period which include floral designs and arrangement demonstrations, gardening workshops, entertainment events, photography and water colour painting competitions and arts and crafts exhibits.
There will also be gardens/exhibitions featuring exciting outdoor lifestyles with activities such as camping, picnic, gardening, cycling, browsing in the playgrounds, spas, events like garden wedding display, display of garden furniture, urban farming and other interesting outdoor activities.
- Where is Royal FLORIA Putrajaya 2016 being held?
Royal FLORIA Putrajaya 2016 will be held at its permanent site at Anjung Floria, Precinct 4, Putrajaya, Malaysia from 27th May – 4th June 2016.
- What is Anjung Floria GPS Coordinate?
Anjung Floria GPS Coordinate are 2°54’46.1″N 101°40’44.1″E (2.912806, 101.678917).
- What are the opening and closing hours of the 2015 Royal FLORIA Putrajaya Festival?
Festival hours are 9:00am till 12 midnight for Friday to Sunday and 9:00am till 10:30pm for Monday to Thursday.
- Does Royal FLORIA Putrajaya 2016 has a theme?
The 2016 Royal FLORIA Putrajaya festival theme is ‘Magical World of FLORIA’.
- What is the theme flower for this year festival?
The 2016 Royal FLORIA Putrajaya flower and garden festival will be showcasing varieties of flowers with Chrysanthemum or Mum as the theme flower.
The festival will also showcase more than 400,000 flowering plants presented in beautifully rendered garden exhibits. Both flowers and gardens would also be presented in contemporary and new conceptual designs and arrangements by potential participants, local and international.
- Who are the participants for this year’s edition of Royal FLORIA Putrajaya?
The Royal FLORIA Putrajaya 2015 is set to include more than 50 international participants from 28 nations who will put on display their floral and landscape designs.
They include floral designers and landscape architects from South Africa, Australia, Cambodia, Canada, China, Denmark, Ecuador, France, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Germany, Kenya, Korea, Macau, Malaysia, Myanmar, The Netherlands, Oman, The Philippines, Spain, Singapore, Vietnam, Taiwan, Thailand and The United Kingdom.
Local participants comprise local authorities, corporations, floral societies, designers, universities and schools.
- What are the ticket prices?
For visitors holding Malaysia National Registration Identity Card or MyKad, ticket prices are as follows:
- Adults (13 years old and above): RM7.50
- Children (7 to 12 years old), Disabled and Elderly: RM3.50
For visitors NOT holding Malaysia National Registration Identity Card or MyKad, ticket prices are as follows:
- Adults (13 years old and above): RM22.00
- Children, Disabled and Elderly): RM11.00
All prices are inclusive of 6% GST.
- Do I have to purchase additional ticket to enter the Magical Gardens?
Yes, you need to buy tickets for the Magical Garden. Tickets are priced at RM10.50 for adult and RM5.50 for children, disabled and elderly.
- Where can I purchase the tickets?
Tickets can be purchased at the entrance of the Royal FLORIA Putrajaya Flower and Garden Festival or you can also purchase online via FLORIA Putrajaya Online Ticketing.
- Do hotels in the vicinity have any promotional room rates during the festival?
Please visit our Smart Partners page for the list of Hotels at 2016 Royal FLORIA Putrajaya’s Smart Partners.
- Is there any shuttle service provided to and from the festival site?
Shuttle services is provided by Pengangkutan Awam Putrajaya which operates Nadi Putra Bus Services, the City of Putrajaya bus service. The service starts at 9:00 am from Putrajaya Sentral to Anjung FLORIA on hourly basis, and vice versa. Please embark onto buses labelled ‘Royal FLORIA Putrajaya” Only.
- Are there flowers and related items for sale?
Royal FLORIA Putrajaya 2015 has numerous pavilions and outlets where flowers, garden supplies, and attractive handicrafts are on offer for visitors.
- Are there going to be facilities for foods and beverages?
Yes, the festival offers food and beverages outlets. As a matter of fact, the organizer will be introducing a programme called FLORIA Flavours. Stay tuned as there will be further announcement on the varieties and sumptuous foods that will surely satisfy your appetite!
- Will there be any cultural events?
Yes. Please refer to the Daily Programme posted on each day at the website.
- Is there a souvenir or gift shop for Official Royal FLORIA Putrajaya merchandise?
Yes, visit the FLORIA Gift Shop for an assortment of merchandise the likes of T-Shirts, Tote Bags, Fridge Magnets, Fine Porcelain Mugs, Tea Towels, Gift Towels, Porcelain Painted Plates and many more. All are locally designed and crafted just for the festival at affordable prices.
Come visit “FLORIA Gift Shop” as you can “Bring A Piece of FLORIA Home!