Date: 28 May 2015 (Thursday)
Location: Khemah Aktiviti
Time: 9.00 am – 12.00 pm
- School terrarium requires the contestants to use their creativity to the fullest in creating a piece of artwork from hexagonal polycarbonates containers with a size of 10 liters.
- Schools will be required to register with the respective school program coordinators and must submit respective entry title and write up by 22 April 2015
- Contesting schools may only submit I group of participants to represents each school
- Contesting group shall comprise of maximum of 4 students and 1 accompanying teachers.
- The competition held on 28 May 2015 at Floria Putrajaya site is a 3.0 hour event, starting at 9. 00 am and ending at 12. 00 pm, with registration at 8.30 am.
- A demo on making a flower stand will be performed prior to the Competition
- Terrariums will be constructed on- site on the day of competition. Contesting groups may bring their own materials to complete their terrarium. Accompanying teacher may only assist his/her students before the competition starts.
- Contestant will be provided with Terrarium container and materials below by the organizer:
- Hardscape Materials: Soil ,stone, sand, charcoal ,tree bark
- Softscape Materials: Sphagnum moss, living moss, Cryptanthus, Humata
- Tyermanii - Rabbit’s Foot Fern, Syngonium sp, Fittonia sp, Rhopaloblaste (Mini Jawa plant), Carnivorous plants
- Contestants are to ensure the display of terrarium and work area is to be cleared after work is completed.
- Up-dates on the competitions will be displayed in the FLORIA Putrajaya official Website from time to time. Contestants are to up-date themselves on latest information.
- Judging will starts at 9 am, 29 May 2015. Decisions made judges are final.
- The terrariums shall be on display for public viewing from 30 May - 7 June 2015.
- The winning entry will be announced at the Official Opening Ceremony on 30 May 2015.
Winners will receive the following:
- First placement will receive a trophy – Floria Putrajaya Gold Award for School Terrarium Competition 2015, certificates and accompanying prizes.
- Second placement will receive a trophy – Floria Putrajaya Silver Award for School Terrarium Competition 2015, certificates and accompanying prizes.
- Third placement will receive a trophy – Floria Putrajaya Bronze Award for School Terrarium Competition 2015, certificates and accompanying prizes.