URN With Flower Stand
Date: 28 May 2015 (Thursday)
Location: Khemah Aktiviti
Time: 9.00 am – 12.00 pm
Theme: ‘’Tapestry of Hues (Alunan Pancarona)’’
- Urn with Flower stand is a flower and plant arrangement competition open to groups from Secondary schools.
- Accompanying teacher is required to bring along own pruning shears/floral snips, garden shears, scissors, plant cuttings, pail of water, vase, and other accessories essentials in completing the flower stand artworks.
- Secondary children’s are required to use their creativity to create a flower stand using flowers, plant cuttings and other suitable materials to form a showcase stand yet handy and trendy with overall height/size not exceeding 1 meter from its base
- A demo on making a flower stand will be performed prior to the competition.
- The competition held on 28 May 2015 is a 3.0 hour event, starting at 9.00 am and ending at 12.00 pm, with registration at 8.30 am. Contestant will be provided with stand, urn with oasis, Lily, carnations and other filler flowers with varieties of foliages .Flower arrangement must comprise minimum of 20 % fresh lily with other materials provided to show their creativity and uniqueness.
- Contestant are to submit their entry title and minimum of 250 words write up on their arts expressions in digital form using Microsoft word format by the end of the competition. Contestant must bring their own laptop for this purpose. Failing to submit entry title and write up will cause highest point contestant forfeited from being winners
- Schools will be required to register and submit respective entry title to school program coordinators by 22 April 2015.
- Contesting group shall comprise of 4 students and 1 accompanying teacher.
- Contestants are to ensure work area is to be cleared after works are completed.
- Judging will be done on 29 May 2015. Decision made by judges is final.
- The winning entry will be announced at the Official Opening Ceremony on 30 May 2015
Winners will receive the following :
- First placement will receive a trophy – Floria Putrajaya Gold Award for Secondary School Flower Stand Competition 2015, certificates and accompanying prizes.
- Second placement will receive a trophy – Floria Putrajaya Silver Award for Secondary School Flower Stand Competition 2015, certificates and accompanying prizes.
- Third placement will receive a trophy – Floria Putrajaya Bronze Award for Secondary School Flower Stand Competition 2015, certificates and accompanying prizes.
(Visited 328 times, 1 visits today)